The Transport Geography Research Group (TGRG) is a small but highly active Research Group. Its major objectives are:
- to stimulate the exchange and dissemination of information and ideas.
- to encourage research and publications and to raise awareness of transport geography.
The group’s activities include:
- convening sessions at the RGS/IBG Annual Conference.
- the group’s links with the Journal of Transport Geography, which provides a further valuable international outlet for the Group’s research findings.
- the production of a book series ‘Transport and Mobility’ with Ashgate Publishers ( for more information please contact Professor Richard Knowles
- the publication of the ‘A New Deal for Transport?’ in the RGS-IBG Book Series.
For more information please contact Kate Pangbourne