We are currently proposing a themed volume entitled: “Making equity work: management and financing of socially-targeted urban transport policies” in the journal Research in Transportation Business and Management. Please find below the call for papers with all the information about the invited topics related to this themed volume.
In order to achieve the aim of the Themed Volume, original submissions covering a variety of aspects relating to the management, governance and financing of policies oriented towards improving transport equity are welcome. Topics include but are not limited to:
1. Systematic literature reviews and conceptual analyses of organisational and management models of equitable transport policies and programmes;
2. Analyses of institutional and policy dimensions of recent innovations targeting equity;
3. Analyses of the impact potential and user expectations;
4. Case studies on equitable programmes and policies and business models;
5. Theoretical and empirical analyses on the social, economic and environmental effects of successful and unsuccessful management of equity-centred policies, programmes and projects;
6. Analysis of new forms of financing and management that can lead to the redistribution of costs and benefits of urban transport.
All the contributions should pay special attention to clearly identify implications for future managerial practice and the contribution to scholarly knowledge.
Following the review of all the abstracts received we will submit the proposal to the editors for consideration and provide feedback to the authors.
We expect the full papers by 30th November 2018 to start the review process. We expect publication of the themed volume before the end of 2019.
Please feel free to forward this proposed call for papers to anyone who might be interested in submitting a paper. We look forward to receiving your abstracts.